Geraldo de Barros
Geraldo de Barros (1923 – 1998), is a Brazilian painter, photographer and designer.
He was one of the exponents of vanguard in Brazilian art, a precursor of concrete art and pioneer in abstract photography.
He was also active as a furniture designer from the mid 50’s (Unilabor) until the end of the eighties (Hobjeto), deeply involved both in the function of design and in the social structure of the economy he was actuating in.
Some furniture pieces are re-edited in Brazil by Dpot
- New acquisition at LACMA, Los Angeles County Museum.
Duplo olhar: pintura e fotografia modernas brasileiras, Exposição coletiva, Casa Roberto Marinho, Rio de Janeiro, 5 dez 2019–26 abr 2020
Em forma de Família [In the form of a Family], Roberto Alban Gallery – Salvador de Bahia, Brasil, Opening October 31, 2019
- Geraldo de Barros – Unilabor. Möbel und Fotografien, Kunst- und Kulturstiftung Opelvillen Rüsselsheim, Germany, September 25, 2019 to Januar 12, 2020
- FOTOGRAFIA MODERNA, Galeria Luciana Brito, August 2019
- GERALDO DE BARROS and UNILABOR by DPot, ARCADIA, Geneva, Switzerland
- Geraldo de Barros Fotoformas. DOCUMENT Gallery, Chicago. Opening March 1st. Exhibition Mar 1 – Apr 19, 2019
- Geraldo de Barros – That’s it. DIP Contemporary, Opening 13.2.2019, Lugano, Switzerland.