Geraldo de Barros
Geraldo de Barros (1923 – 1998), is a Brazilian painter, photographer and designer.
He was one of the exponents of vanguard in Brazilian art, a precursor of concrete art and pioneer in abstract photography.
He was also active as a furniture designer from the mid 50’s (Unilabor) until the end of the eighties (Hobjeto), deeply involved both in the function of design and in the social structure of the economy he was actuating in.
Some furniture pieces are re-edited in Brazil by Dpot
- Brazilian Modernists: Three Masters of Foto-Cine Clube Bandeirante, 17th-30th May 2021, Augusta Edwards Fine Arts, Gallery 7, Cromwell Place, London
- Fotoclubismo – Brazilian Modernist Photography, 1946–1964, May 8–Sep 26, 2021, MoMA, New York
- Wie zu Hause, Wo ich nicht bin. Centre d’Art Contemporain de Genève. Organisation : Niels Trannois. 18 septembre – 11 octobre 2020. Scénographie : Dpot – mobiliário brasileiro et Arquivo Geraldo de Barros
- Interiors. Document Space, Chicago. July 10 – August 22, 2020
- New acquisition at LACMA, Los Angeles County Museum.
- Duplo olhar: pintura e fotografia modernas brasileiras, Exposição coletiva, Casa Roberto Marinho, Rio de Janeiro, 5 dez 2019–26 abr 2020
- Em forma de Família [In the form of a Family], Roberto Alban Gallery – Salvador de Bahia, Brasil, Opening October 31, 2019
- Geraldo de Barros – Unilabor. Möbel und Fotografien, Kunst- und Kulturstiftung Opelvillen Rüsselsheim, Germany, September 25, 2019 to Januar 12, 2020